1. Members are required to have their membership card in his or her possession when on Club grounds.
2. Members have the right, and are required, to check other members’ cards while on Club grounds. The Groundskeeper is also empowered to check cards on a regular basis.
3. Absolutely no alcohol, illegal drugs or other intoxicants are permitted on the Club grounds.
4. Standard firearms rules MUST BE FOLLOWED ON ALL RANGES- ANY EXCEPTIONS MUST BE APPROVED IN ADVANCE BY THE BOARD.
5. There is a general expectation that Members will assist other Members and Guests in a friendly and helpful manner, when it becomes apparent that they may not have a full understanding or comprehension of the Range Rules. Should such a Member or Guest not respond in an appropriate and friendly manner and take immediate action to correct their error or become confrontational, the assisting Member is to discontinue the contact immediately and report the circumstances to a Board Member, Club Trustee or the Groundskeeper and provide any form of identification available. If the person’s behavior appears to be aberrant - DO NOT CONFRONT VIOLATOR - JUST REPORT. Members should always report any major safety violations to help enforce Club Standing Range Rules for the safety of the Club and its Members and Guests.
6. Members may bring non-member friends to the Club, however remain responsible for the actions of the Guest(s) while on Club grounds and must meet the requirements of the Club Guest Policy when doing so.
7. Ranges are open sunrise to sunset, with the exception of Club scheduled/sanctioned events.
8. Shooting of any form of wildlife on Club property is strictly forbidden.
9. Shooting of rocks, glass, bowling pins, concrete or any other object that may cause a ricochet is not allowed, with exception of properly constructed steel targets in good repair.
10. All targets, cans, brass, steel casings, shotgun hulls and any other trash must be disposed of in the trash cans provided. Please leave the Club cleaner than when you arrived.
11. All shooting must be done on the appropriate range. See specific range limitations.
12. Ear and eye protection is required to be worn by all persons, on all Club ranges. This includes non-shooters/non-participants.
13. Children must be under control at all times. Any Member allowing a child to run loose/unsupervised and endangering themselves or Club property will risk suspension or expulsion from the Club and loss of Club membership.
14. Firearms must be under control at all times. No uncontrolled sustained fire will be tolerated. AIM EVERY SHOT - AS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHERE THE BULLET IMPACTS.
15. Targets may not be placed above the height of the club-provided target boards.
16. Be aware of the position of everyone on the range.
17. Only legal firearms are permitted on the Club grounds.
18. Any willful damage to, or destruction of, any portion of Club property will result in the Suspension or Expulsion of the member doing so. This Includes but is not limited to target board posts.
19. Ranges will be closed from time to time for scheduled events. Dates of all scheduled events that are known at the time of mailing/emailing will be listed in the Annual Club Shooting Event Schedule that is sent to all members. The full Club and Range schedules, along with any updates, are shown on the Club Facebook Page in the “Events” tab. Members should monitor those posts as they will reflect dates and times of any associated range closings.
20. Membership in the Club is not required to attend and participate in public shooting events.
1. No centerfire firearm with a muzzle velocity exceeding 1800 fps will be allowed on any part of the pistol range complex. Pistols exceeding this velocity must be shot on the rifle ranges.
2. Shotguns firing Birdshot or Buckshot may be fired at YOUR target boards ONLY. No shotgun slugs are allowed on the pistol range. DO NOT SHOOT ANY CLUB TARGET BOARDS WITH A SHOTGUN.
3. Pistol caliber rifles will be allowed on pistol ranges.
4. Any rimfire rifle or pistol will be allowed on pistol range complex.
5. No person may go down range unless the range is SAFE. SAFE is defined as handguns holstered or firearms on the bench, unloaded, magazine out and action/cylinder open. In instances where more than one person is in any pistol bay, anyone going down range must ask “Is the line safe?”, receive a positive verbal response from each individual in the bay and then conduct a visual inspection to verify prior to proceeding. There will be NO handling of ANY firearm by anyone in that pistol bay when any other person is down range in that respective pistol bay.
1. The Front of the benches will be considered the normal FIRING LINE. The firing line may be moved forward to any fixed point by unanimous agreement between all persons on the Rifle Range. If such agreement is not made, the firing line will revert to the front of the benches.
2. Targets are to be placed at the base of the earthen backstop or hung on the target board. Members choosing to use their own target holder must place the holder in front of the appropriate earthen backstop. Placing a target anywhere else on the range is absolutely not allowed due to the potential for ricochets.
3. No person may go down range unless the range is SAFE. SAFE is defined as handguns holstered or firearms on the bench, unloaded, magazine out and action/cylinder open. In instances where more than one person is at the rifle range, anyone going down range must ask “Is the line safe?”, receive a positive verbal response from each individual on the line and then conduct a visual inspection to verify prior to proceeding. There will be NO handling of ANY firearm by anyone at the rifle range when any other person is down range.
4. No Vehicles allowed on the rifle range except when hanging targets.
5. NO UNCONTROLLED OR FULL AUTOMATIC OR “BUMP FIRE” (rapid fire devices) are allowed on the rifle range. No firearm may be fired from the hip.
6. Shotguns firing Birdshot, Buckshot or Slugs may be fired at YOUR target boards ONLY. DO NOT SHOOT ANY CLUB TARGET BOARDS WITH A SHOTGUN.
7. Large caliber rifles such as .50 BMG or similar with muzzle brakes may NOT be shot under the covered portion of the Rifle Range.
1. Shotguns only are allowed on the Trap Range. No buckshot or slugs permitted in this area of the Club.
2. All Shooting must be directed to the North, toward the river.
3. Members may fire at targets thrown from their own personal trap machine placed in front of the trap houses.
4. A pattern board is provided for patterning shotguns. No shot larger than #7½ birdshot is allowed. No steel or copper shot allowed on the pattern board.
1. Archery equipment only. No firearm of any type is to be used on this range.
2. No arrows with broadheads are allowed on Club targets.
3. You may bring your own target and stand for use with broadheads, but targets must NOT be hung on Club targets.
FULLY AUTOMATIC RANGES
1. There are dedicated ranges for sub-machine and rifle caliber machine guns.
2. ALL NFA RULES APPLY
3. Rifle caliber machine guns must be fired on the Rifle Caliber Full-Auto range ONLY.
4. “Bump Fire” type devices are permitted on the Rifle Caliber Full-Auto range ONLY.
As a condition of my acceptance into Deer Creek Conservation Club, my guests and I agree to abide by these rules and understand that violation of any part of these rules may result in my suspension or expulsion from the Club under Article 10 of the Club By-laws.
Downloadable Copy of Rules